Geofencing allows you to control punch abilities within a specific area. We STRONGLY recommend using a phone with a GPS as a web browser does not always provide an accurate result.
NOTE – we don’t retrieve the location until you press ENTRY (as this feature can be enabled by employee). Because of this, you will still see the PUNCH buttons on the main screen.
- Go to MANAGE MY BUSINESS – Access Restrictions & Geofencing
- Click the Geofencing tab
- Click “Turn on Geofencing and restrict access”
- Click the green ADD NEW LOCATION
Type in your address, click SEARCH
- If needed, change the ‘range’ (default is 50m)
- If the location is correct, click ADD
All the locations you’ve added will be listed
To enable PER EMPLOYEE, follow the same steps but visit the employee profile and add a location.
When the employee goes to punch, if they are NOT within range, they will
receive this message