Taking Care of Your Fingerprint Reader
The fingerprint reader, while tolerant of residues left on the reader, performs optimally when kept clean!
How to Clean the U.are.U Fingerprint Reader
- Apply the sticky side of a piece of adhesive cellophane tape to the window, and then peel it away, OR
- Gently dab the fingerprint reader window with a cloth that has been dampened with a mild ammonia- based glass cleaner, such as Windex. (Do not use paper!)
Protect Against the Risk of Damage to Your Fingerprint Reader
- Do not pour any liquid directly on the reader window.
- Do not use alcohol-based cleaners.
- Never submerge the reader in liquid.
- Never rub the window with an abrasive material, including paper.
- Do not poke the window coating with your fingernail or any other item, such as a pen